We compensate all carbon emissions at no additional cost for your shipments placed over the quote option on myKN.
As part of our growing efforts to offer sustainable supply chain solutions, this new offering on the myKN platform is an exciting development that addresses our C02 reduction commitment for all modes of transport worldwide.
How it works
The process is simple and applies to all modes of transport.
- Request a quote by logging in to your myKN account. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up here.
- Once you have submitted your quote and your booking is complete, we then calculate the amount of CO2e your shipment has produced.
- We offset the CO2e amount via third party nature-based offsetting projects with strict compliance and transparency.
A sustainable future can only be addressed today.
One of our key objectives to achieve CO2e neutrality is to provide environmental friendly solutions to our customers. With each milestone, we come closer to our biggest sustainability goal to date: Achieving carbon neutrality for our suppliers’ and customers’ footprint by end 2030.
What is carbon offsetting?
Carbon offsetting is a recognised mechanism that counterbalances CO2e emissions by investing into nature-based projects that take CO2e out of the atmosphere. Now when you request a quote and book on myKN, this mechanism is available for your shipments. Kuehne+Nagel has partnered through third parties with verified, nature-based projects that protect and renew our planet with rigorous offsetting initiatives.
Offsetting initiatives through third parties at a glance:
- Preventing forest clearance
- Restoring degraded land
- Renewable resources for electricity grids
- Replacing fossil fuel power plants
There is no better time than today. Be one of the first to choose carbon neutral for all future transport.
This offer will be subject for review from January 2023 onward.