Delivering integrated aerospace logistics solutions
The aerospace industry faces challenges on several fronts. With pressures on margins and faster turnaround time, a balance between inventory and service is crucial. At the same time, value chains are restructuring to accommodate increased outsourcing of MRO activities and external political, regulatory and economic factors.
By applying our deep knowledge of the aerospace supply chain, Kuehne + Nagel identifies and uses industry trends as basis to deliver customised, nose-to-tail supply chain solutions that provide aerospace manufacturers, airlines and service suppliers with proven, best-in-class processes as well as powerful information technology.
- Production logistics for manufacturers and suppliers
- Supplier management with consolidation and control of interior equipment suppliers
- In-flight services with on-board inventory services for catering companies and airlines
- Spare part logistics with warehousing facilities and specialised global distribution network to provide full cycles visibility
- Incidental management to consolidate and coordinate materials required to resolve incidents
- Engine logistics, driven by dedicated engine movement teams trained and experienced in managing time-critical delivery of intricate engines. Find out more about our KN EngineChain solution.
- Greater control over transport movements and parts flows from inbound to production
- Just-in-Time (JIT) inventory control for optimal cost-efficiency
- Reduced risks on AOG and engine orders with short turnaround time
- Strong global network; extensive local knowledge with multimodal services and capabilities
- Improved service levels and traceability
- Optimisation of basic inflight logistics costs and cost of ownership through SkylogistiX
For information on how Kuehne + Nagel can support your requirements, please contact us.